The project involved implementing analytics in various web, hybrid, mobile and unity engine powered apps. In addition there was a need to help migrate/deprecate legacy apps, re-design and architect existing applications to better use modern technologies better.
I was hired as a Technical Lead/Analytics Engineer on a contract basis to help see this project through.
- Develop, maintain and POC analytics and data driven products.
- Help architect and implement clickstream data products for Consumer facing applications.
- Help prototype an end to end analytics pipeline using Apache Spark, pipeline.io and Scala.
- Code, develop and maintain analytics solutions for iOS, tvOS, Android, Point of Sale (POS), Responsive Web apps and Games written with the Unity Engine.
- QA and write automated tests for the various platforms to intercept and test against HTTP network requests on mobile farms.
- QA ongoing data quality to ensure reporting accuracy and leverage specialized reporting software and data sources for the reporting/analysis process.
- Provide thought leadership for Analytics within the organization.
- Coordinating tags, tracking parameter implementations.
- Advocate the use of web standards, and all modern web technologies.
- Understand business users needs and translate them to technical requirements for implementation.
- Provide analysis of competitor sites and identify areas of opportunity.